Safety Tips for Travelling
When it comes to travelling, every member is responsible for his or her own safety. We recommend that members follow some basic security measures outlined below.
- Never exchange home addresses with your travelling companion before you meet them.
- Always arrange to meet in a public place.
- Tell a friend or family member details of whom you will be travelling with, when and to where.
- Make sure you telephone to say you have arrived safely at the completion of your journey.
- You are under no obligation to go ahead with any car share journey.
- Make sure you show each other your IDs - passports, student cards or driving licences - so you know you're travelling with the right person.
- Make sure you let your journey partner know if you cannot make the arranged journey or if you are going to be delayed.
- Never use a mobile phone whilst driving. Park in a safe place and make the call.
- If you have any doubts about your travelling companion, for any reason, you should not travel with them.
- If you have any problems please contact us immediately and we will undertake to help in any way that we can.